* 21 Sept 2011
** Updates and next release in line with the book due soon.
** Watch this space.
Latest Version is: RC3 30th Jan 2011
This is a a Platform Builder Wizard to create Windows Embedded CE 6 and
Windows Embedded Compact 7 Component Projects.
You select files on your development machine.
You then create a CE6 or Compact 7 subproject.
You then include the project into an exist CE 6 or Compact 7 OS project and MakeImage.
The files are then in the OS.
Shortcuts are easily generate to be placed in OS folders when the OS runs (via a .dat file)
CEContentWiz at http://CEContentwiz.codeplex.com
More detailed information there (esp. under Documentation) .. this will be updated and placed here.
Key Features of this version
- Still plugs into the Tools Menu
- Seamlessly works with CE 6 and Compact 7 (tested with the first CTP.. watch this space for updates on this).
- Shortcut improvements
- Many more shortcut folder placement locations
- Localisation of standard Windows folder names
- UI now is a combobox
- Project Catalog file works
- Can place directly into catalog
- Save Workspace
- Now saves the Component Details (previously called Metadata).
- Menu layout has changed to improve clarity
- More error trapping
- Some corrections
- UI improvements